The style of the apartment represents the character of the homeowner. The kitchen is one of the first rooms to be considered for the family nest. So that the style of the kitchen is even more important. There are many designs and styles that can represent someone’s taste. But recently vintage style became increasingly popular for the kitchen cabinets.
Vintage kitchen cabinets are an realistic re-storations or re-productions of previous styles. There is a difference between retro kitchen styles and vintage kitchen styles. The former refers to more nostalgic detail elements that give a throw-back for the homeowners, and latter has historical accuracy.
Vintage kitchen cabinets can help make a unique and creative room that shows off the homeowner’s interests and style.
The passionate fans of vintage should consider every detail that must be in place: vintage appliances, antiquated telephones, and period decor come together to truthfully re-establish the ancient kitchen designs.
Many hands-on homeowners search for trustworthy appliance, artefacts that still work. Some companies are refreshing the past by reproducing big and small vintage kitchen appliances with contemporary features. Authentic- vintage refrigerators, toasters, ovens, dishwashers and blenders have curious designs that bring today’s modern appliances look somehow boring by association. Even vintage kitchens faucets are performing a comeback as homeowners perfect every detail.
Sometimes older is better in terms of quality and lifetime. Most old things were manufactured to last decades. Vintage kitchen cabinets, for instance, can survive a amazingly long time.
What types of vintage kitchen cabinets exist?
Traditionally historical styles are Victorian vintage style, early American, as it was mentioned earlier, retro kitchens can appeal to the vintage. Also there is a big place for the vintage metal kitchen cabinets.
Stunning historical details have been renovated in the vintage kitchens, down to the ancient wood island, the antique stove and refrigerator, and pull-chain functioned vent fan.
What is The Value Of The Vintage Metal Kitchen Cabinets?
There are many factors that are to consider, before purchasing or selling the vintage cabinets, such as size of the set, conditions brand and many others.
Vintage metal kitchen cabinets are elegant and original addition to any home, because they are not mass-produced and will be almost unique. The only way to purchase them is to by on the second hand market. For that reason often the buyers face the problem of the conditions of such cabinetry. The good news is those metal cabinets are very easy to bring back to life.
There are 4 steps to save vintage metal kitchen cabinets:
- Clean it well from all the greasy that built in during years of using
- Remove the screws and disassemble all the doors and drawers.
- Strip and scrape your cabinets. Take off all old paint and stain. Then refinish it with the lacquer of your choice
- Use primer to prevent the painting and wood, and then apply few layers of finish to protect, Finish by reinstalling the cabinets.
50’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets
Your 50’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets are sure to get your attention if you search the internet for them. Your 50’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets are to be found at this very site. 50’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets are a craze that is being sought after and enjoyed by many internetizens these days. They are very attractive and the price is right. They are available at great discounts over at this site.
The very first thing to note is the fact that they are very attractive looking. There is no doubt that they will give your kitchen an additional sophisticated look. To make sure that they go well with your kitchen, try matching it with metal cabinets design. If you use the same color scheme, it will be even more beautiful.
These vintage metal cabinets come with some retro 50s kitchen cabinets door hardware. It is made from metal and therefore is very sturdy. You can choose from the brass and nickel knobs. There is also stainless steel hardware. They are designed to make the best use of space as they are placed at the center of the cabinet.
The kitchen cabinets door handles are designed like Mid century Modern style. The chrome plate hinges and handles are very stylish and will definitely add an extra dash of style to your kitchen cabinets. The door pulls have beautiful chrome designs. They are a perfect match to the metal cabinet doors.
The wood material used for 50’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets… is basswood. This wood is known to be a good hard wood that does not go dull easily. Basswood is used for making cabinet doors because it does not get rusted easily and gives the cabinet a great finish. You can install this wood in any color you wish as well as it comes in white and black color combination.
The fifty’s vintage metal kitchen cabinets… are also available in different shapes and sizes. They are perfect for a small kitchen or for a cottage style kitchen. If you want a classic design then go for the traditional wood veneer on metal cabinet doors. You can also paint them to suit your decor. You can place them on top of your kitchen countertop to give it an antique look and also if you have the space you can build a surround around the cabinets for more storage space.
How to put the vintage metal kitchen cabinet on sale?
There are few points that need be taken into account, while selling them out:
- Conditions are the most important determinant of the value. If the cabinets are in the excellent shape, with original finish, do not require re-stainig or re-painting, it will make it much more valuable. On the other hand, rather bad original finish will be more valued than badly but newly repainted cabinets.
- Number of pieces existing in the kitchen set. It may be quite annoying to fit somebody else’s kitchen into your kitchen space. When someone purchases vintage kitchen cabinets, he would want to have full set of shelves and drawers, at least the basic one. So the larger the kitchen set, the easier is to sell and better the price.
- Brand is usually important. The big names tend to be interesting for collectors. Even the amateurs will rather buy the brand they can recognize. Partially it is because the well-known names are supposed to have better quality.
- Location of the seller/buyer. Buyers usually tend to come, check and pick up the cabinets by themselves. The delivery to other regions is increasing the price and time. Also buyers of the vintage cabinets wish to see them before purchasing.
5. Be patient. Selling vintage metal kitchen cabinets can take time, since it is the most popular item to sell.
What are the problems with selling vintage kitchen cabinets?
First of all, they may be expensive to repaint and re-stain. There are also difficulties to find the right size and then put them into the existing kitchen. Even though it can bee rewarding, however retro makeover takes a lot of energy physically and creatively – it’s hard work and time-consuming.